Hey guys! Last night I tried out a new recipe and I wanted to share it with y’all! I was inspired by Paige Hathaway (one of my favorite fitness girls!) and her last vlog video when she showed how to make this. It’s super easy, takes minimal effort, and is very healthy. It’s high in protein and has a good amount of carbs, and is low in fat- which make a great post workout meal. This chicken recipe uses the crockpot, so it’s very convenient if you have a busy schedule. Just let it cook on low for 4-5 hours and you’re free to leave the house. I also love cilantro lime rice, so I’m glad I know an easy way to make it now. This recipe seriously tastes like it came from a gourmet Mexican restaurant. Let’s get cooking!
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN & CILANTRO LIME RICE
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 jar of salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- optional: extra garlic, black pepper, or seasonings you like
- Place chicken in crockpot
- Pour salsa on top
- Set crockpot on low and set the timer for 4 hours
- Later, when finished cooking, remove chicken, and shred with a fork. It will be super tender!
CILANTRO LIME RICE
- Rice of choice (I used wild rice, but white rice, brown rice, jasmine rice all work!)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- Cook rice according to package. (I brought 2 cups of water to a boil, turned down hear, and cooked 1 cup rice on low for 15 min.)
- Once rice is done cooking, add in the lime, cilantro, and garlic and stir. *Optional: add a teaspoon or two of olive oil if the rice is a little dry, but mine didn’t need it.
TIME TO EAT!
1. Scoop a serving of rice (whatever a serving is for YOU) on to the plate
2. Add chicken
3. Top with a little of the juice from the crock pot
4. Top with fresh cilantro!
Hope you guys enjoyed this quick recipe and let me know if you’d like more!