Fall is the perfect time to break out the bold, dark lips- but most days you probably want a color you can wear to school or work and still feel appropriate. Today I picked out some of my favorite shades that are tame, but still give you that fall feel. I chose a range of warm and cool nudes and berries, so you’re to find one just for you! Here are 5 lipsticks (and 1 gloss for them all!) that’ll spice up your everyday look this season.
1. Maybelline Touch Of Spice” – this color is perfect if you like a mix of pink and brown. I grab this color all the time! It reminds me of the classic “Kylie Jenner” lip color. It goes with almost any outfit and looks good on every body! My best friend Kathryn wears it, who has lighter skin, green eyes, and light blonde/brown hair. My grandmother wears it, and has warm tan skin, dark brown eyes, and caramel hair. It just works on everyone!
2. NYX “Butter” Matte Lipstick – the perfect “grey nude.” If you want to try the grey trend, but don’t want to go full on grey lips- choose a “Greige”: a beige nude with a hint of grey.
3. Maybelline “Nude Nuance” – This is probably my current favorite. It’s a deep browny- nude shade, something I used to never gravitate toward. Now I love the fact that is still a neutral without going super pale nude. It enhances my natural lip color, and can look glam, edgy, or casual depending on what look you pair it with. Like “Touch of Spice”, it looks good on a lot of skin tones. But, within this line, there are several shades in the same color family– so look for one that you think will suit you the best!
4. Maybelline “Party Pink” – If you like a brighter berry with a pink tint, you’ll love this shade! It’s bright enough to add a pop of color, but deep enough to still look like a fall shade. I love wearing this color on days I don’t want to wear a lot of makeup, but still want to look put together.
5. Soap & Glory “Super Nude” Matte Lipstick – this is the perfect warm pinky nude for a fall smokey eye. This is my first Soap & Glory lipstick, and I definitely want to try more. The matte formula is creamy and not dry at all. Plus it smells like vanilla, never a bad thing!
6. Rimmel “Captivate Me” Stay Glossy Gloss – this sheer shimmery berry gloss will go on top of any of the lipsticks I mentioned. It will enhance the darker colors, and add just a hint of berry to the nudes. I love this line of gloss because it lasts well and isn’t sticky.
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try out any of these lip colors!