Hey y’all! I hope you’re having a great week! As I’m preparing for my next competition, I’m also preparing for…. the beach! Whoo hoo! I am so excited to relax and get away for a few days. My parents and I will be headed to the beach just two days after the competition. I’m starting to gather up the clothes, beauty products, snacks, and other things I think I’ll need at the beach. I thought I’d share my personal favorites I’ll be packing, and some things you should remember to pack! I’m going to break it down into beauty, clothes, and healthy snacks. Let’s get started!
BEAUTY & SKINCARE| WHAT TO PUT ON YOUR FACE
- I’ve recently started using Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser and am loving it so far!
- lightweight moisturizer
- My current favorite is Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream
- facial sunscreen
- tinted moisturizer or CC/BB Cream
- My top picks are Supergoop! Broad Spectrum CC Cream or Tarte Tinted Moisturizer
- cream highlighter
- I love cream products for that beachy glow! My top pick is RMS Magic Luminizer. It’s coconut oil based and will give you that super natural dewy glow.
- coral or bright pink blush
- I’ll be taking a Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful because they are so long lasting! I also love the sutble coral color for when I get a little tan.
- waterproof Mascara
- any kind will do, but waterproof is a must for obvious reasons!
- tinted lip balm
CLOTHES | WHAT TO WEAR
- white tee shirts
- they go with everything from skirts to jean shorts. I love to get mine at Target.
- jean shorts
- white shorts
- comfy shorts
- wrap skirt
- sun dress
- t-shirt dress
- off the shoulder top
- floral top
- tank tops
- flip-flops for the beach
- workout/running shoes if you plan on being active
- workout clothes for hiking or outdoor activities
- bikinis (i like to limit it to 2 or 3. It’s good to have options but you don’t need to over pack)
- one piece
- baseball cap
- fun jewelry
HEALTH | WHAT TO SNACK ON
some of my favorite protein/energy bars:
other yummy snacks:
- trail mix
- rice cakes and travel packets of almond or peanut butter
- travel packs or protein powder (great to mix in oatmeal at the hotel) I like these from PEScience.
OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER
- water bottle
- I love Corkcicle because they keep your water ice cold for up to 24 hours!
- beach bag
- cross body bag
- reading for the beach – I’m taking a book and a few magazines!
- your vitamins/supplements
- cash for beach shops
- extra sunscreen for your body
- after burn sunscreen- I know you all wear sunscreen… but just in case!
- camera – I’ll be bringing my cannon to get some quality shots and my polaroid for some fun snaps.
I hope you all found this checklist helpful! Let me know what you’re beach (or pool) essentials are!
Stay happy and healthy.